Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Muppet Review Mondays: Jim Henson on Arsenio Hall ( 1990)

 Hello! It is me, themuppetfan, once again!! I was thinking of a series that I could do here on TheMuppetFan and it finally got to me: Muppet reviews! I know The Muppet Mindset does a series of Muppet reviews called Muppet Retro Reviews, which I love and by no means want to copy, and I'm calling it Muppet Review Mondays.
Scooter: Uh, chief, it's.. uh... Saturday!
 Yes, I know. I had no other ideas, so I posted Monday's post today!
Scooter: Well, then, what are you going to be posting on Monday?
 
 
 Good point. Anyways, the way I'm going to do this is I'm going to watch a piece of Muppet history, and at times I think are interesting, I will STOP and write down the number of seconds in which these events occur and write down what I thought was interesting, and the pattern continues. Sometimes, these videos will be in several parts, and today I will welcome to you the only part of Muppet Review Mondays' first review in which we will review..
We took up much time explaining how Muppet Review Mondays works, so this time we will be exploring a 10-minute video of Jim Henson on Arsenio Hall, which is his last appearance on television.
 
0:00-0:12: What a great introduction to the wonderful Jim Henson!
0:13-0:25: Ah, always a wonder to see... Jim Henson wearing.. umm... I don't know??
0:26-0:35: That deal with Disney wouldn't work out until 2004, Jim. Just thought I'd let you know.
0:36-0:46: I'm sorry, the way he says " Sunday" is hilarious. He says it like " Sundey." I'm sorry. I'll proceed..
0:47-0:51: Arsenio Hall reveals that we will be seeing a clip from The Muppets at Walt Disney World, which would premiere shortly after this appearance was made.
0:52-1:20: One of the cutest moments in Muppet history. BRAVO! BRAVO! More! More!!
1:21-1:31: Wait, he's been on this show.. before?? Someone please tell me in the comments if you have found a video of the other time Jim went on this show. I gots to know!
1:32-1:44: Ah, Jim Henson was never afraid to reveal that The Muppets were puppets. On the other hand, Disney loves to keep it a secret. Just one reference! ONE!
1:45-2:04: I can imagine! What a diva Miss Piggy is..
2:05-2:23: A sad situation, indeed. Poor Miss Piggy was yelling " HELP!" when the cement hardened at the end of the show.
2:24-2:34: Kermit, I'd like to hear about these problems s well. Go on!
2:35-2:42: So, uh, would a good translation for that be a karate chop?
2:43-2:54: And, quite a life-style it is! Karate chops and fashion, that's her four words that would sum her up.
2:55-3:09: Hmm, so far. Not quite my description of her lifestyle. But, she has " aims and goals different than mine" as Kermit said which is exactly why they've never gotten married.
3:10-3:27: I really don't know how to comment with all this talk about Kermit and Piggy's relationship. Hopefully, they move on to another topic, soon.
3:28-3:39: Kermit also eats moths, dragonflies, grasshoppers, and worms! And, when Kermit grows older, he could also eat smaller frogs, small snakes, mice, and baby turtles.
3:40-3:53: Again with the Kermit and Piggy talk!! Why can't we move on to another topic?
3:54-4:06: Jim coughs, and Arsenio replies, " Mosquito stuck in your throat?" and that sparks a conversation. Little did Jim know he would eventually die of that cold more than a week later.
4:07-4:19: Yeah, Kermit moves us away from the subject of Kermit and Piggy!
4:20-4:29: Now, we're talking about Clifford, the character we know from The Muppets at Walt Disney World, The Jim Henson Hour, and Muppets Tonight.
4:30-4:45: So, Kermit says we will be seeing Clifford, which happens in...
4:46-4:47: 1 second!!
4:48-5:05: Ah, Clifford, always with the jokes. ( And always the show-stealing performances that draws attention from Jim and Kermit!!! But, I won't rant on about that.. Wait, yes, I will.)
5:06-5:19: And, Arsenio now wants CLIFFORD to talk about Kermit and Piggy's relationship, since Kermit won't budge... UGH!
5:20-5:39: In those 19 seconds, Clifford sure said, " Hey!!" a lot.. But, Clifford is making no attention whatsoever drawn to Jim and Kermit. Jim still seems to be enjoying himself, though.
5:40-5:53: When these sort of Muppet conversations start, it kind of makes me feel uncomfortable.. I don't know why.
5:54-6:08: They clear up the conversation with some good old-fashioned Muppet vs. human argument. Now, I feel comfortable again.
6:09-6:28: Arsenio Hall sure likes to laugh at Clifford..... AND NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKING WITH JIM AND KERMIT!!!!!
6:29-6:45: In the words of Clifford the Muppet, " Disney World is great." The most true statement I've ever heard.
6:46-6:54: There's forced laughter at Clifford's, " Funky!" which Clifford then replies and says, " So, you didn't like that one, huh?" I kind of feel bad for Jim Henson right now. He's probably feeling left out.
6:55-7:09: One of the best Muppet exhanges ever. Arsenio goes, " What did you do before you joined Kermit?" and Clifford says, " I was a sponge, man! What does it look like I was doing?"
7:10- 7:26: Yay! Now, Clifford is drawing back attention to Kermit by saying, " Kermit is cool!"
7:27-7:32: Clifford makes a remark where he says, " Kermit can get a laugh if people just look at him!" where Kermit gets a close-up and gives the camera his best " Yikes!" face.
7:33-7:47: Kermit IS real cool, Clifford.
7:48-7:52: Clifford then says, " But, Kermit can be a bit strange, sometimes. I mean, after all these years, he still goes out with the pig!" So, we get attention on Kermit, finally, but Clifford just makes bad remarks about him?? This appearance makes no sense.
7:53-8:14: Probably the best moment of this bit.
8:15-8:26: Kermit goes, " Muppets don't have last names!!!" Kermit's words of wisdom.
8:27-8:36: Then, Clifford steals the show again. It's a good special, but there's too much of Clifford, in my opinion.
8:37-8:54: The only reason I'm typing about this part is for, " Cl-ey-furd."
8:55-9:09: The Electric Mayhem do beat Arsenio Hall's band out of the sky. True 'dat. True 'dat.
9:10-9:25: We cut to a commercial break, but return after..
9:26-9:32: 6 seconds!!!
9:33-9:42: Now, we see Clifford's performer is... KEVIN CLASH!!! The performer who stole the show on Sesame Street as Elmo at the expense of all the other lovable characters you could find! That explains a WHOOLLLEE lot.
9:43-10:00: A bunch of useless credits.
 
 I would rate this 4 out of 5 stars, mainly because Clifford stole the show away from Henson and Kermit.. It's still a lovable appearance, though. Hope you enjoyed my useless review and be sure to leave comments as to what I'm doing correctly with my blog and what I'm doing horrible! Bye!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment