Translate

Friday, April 3, 2015

Muppet interstitial show on Disney Junior 1st ( well, 4th) episode report

 I just made a horrible mistake. I was supposed to be reviewing the 1st episode of Muppet Moments, the new Disney Junior interstitial show. at 8:25. Well, I missed that and the 8:55 one because I was asleep. I woke up at 9:00 and forgot about the 9:25 show. So, now I will review the  9:55 show of Muppet Moments for you. Here is a transcript of the episode:

( Muppet Moments intro, which includes the Newsman saying " Muppet Moments" which makes me extremely happy that The Newsman is being used actually)
Girl: Can I hug you?
Rowlf: I would LOVE that!
( Boy and Fozzie hugging)
Fozzie: Hello!
( Girl and Rowlf hugging)
Rowlf: SQUISHY SQUISHY!
( Girl and Kermit hugging)
Kermit: So, right over th..
( Animal runs in, and hugs the girl)
Animal: AH!
Kermit: It's a frog sandwich!
( Boy and Pepe hugging)
Pepe: That's too tight..
Boy: I THINK I CAN FEEL YOUR RIBS!!!!
( Girl and Kermit)
Kermit: Can I get a hug?
Girl: Frogs don't get hugs!
( Kermit kisses Girl's hand)
Kermit: How's that?
( Girl smiles)

 Let's take this apart: In the opening, the Newsman just stands there lifelessly while THE DISNEY JUNIOR ANNOUNCER announces the title. Yeah, no! If you're going to have The Newsman, have him actually say something!
 This episode had a topic of Hugging.
 With Rowlf and the girl, I mean, I do like Bill Barretta, this felt a bit ankward when Rowlf said, " SQUISHY SQUISHY!" What is that supposed to mean, Bill?
 With Fozzie and the boy, it felt poignant, and touching. All Bill Barretta needs to learn is to say something cute, not " SQUISHY SQUISHY!!!'
  Then, I felt a real sense of Muppet humor. Kermit and the girl were hanging out, and Animal comes in and just goes, " AH!" It's Animal being Animal, not having to not play the drums, not in a stupid adaptation ( even though they're not stupid), it's just Animal being Animal as he hasn't been able to do in the last few years.
 The moment with the boy and Pepe made me just laugh out loud. The boy just randomly said, " I THINK I CAN FEEL YOUR RIBS!!!" which would of course be your normal reaction to Pepe hugging. It was pretty funny..
 Then, the last moment with Kermit and the girl reminded me of Sesame Street, when the girl said, " Frogs don't get hugs!"
 So, what did I like about this episode? How it was touching and introduced the Muppets to younger kids, while also reminding adults of how funny The Muppets can be.
 So, what did I not like about this episode?  No Gonzo, and how this episode DID NOT capture the feel of other Muppet productions. Plus, it's too short and is a bit babyish.
 While I recommend this show, I feel like  this is as good as it will get and I recommend watching other Muppet productions that are better than this one, unless you're a baby in which case you should definitely watch this show and you will like it. Oh, who cares? No one reads this article anyways. Well, I'll see you tomorrow hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. Fairly sure I posted this, but I must not of posted it. FozzieisFunny, it's FunnyBear what happened to you on Muppet Central?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I decided to take a little break for MC, but then I ended up really missing it so I went back on to find that I couldn't log back onto my account because I forgot my password. I tried emailing Phillip but he didn't give me much information. Then, after, I tried making a new account except they blocked me for spam for some reason.

      Delete